What to do:
- Cut the ends out of the oatmeal box.
- Decorate the box with construction paper and crayons.
- Punch several holes around the bottom of the oatmeal box.
- Cut crepe paper about three feet long and lace through the holes and tie.
- Punch four holes around the top of the box. Lace four strings through these holes and tie together.
- Tie the strings to a longer string.
- Hang the wind catcher outside and watch the wind go to work.
- Tie strips of plastic, fabric or other materials to the wind catcher.
- Create a wind catcher from a potato chip can, margarine tub, or other cylindrical container.