The Hiding Hats
What to do:
- Begin by hiding five clown hats in the room, separately, in places that are easy to find.
- Say to the children, “We have five clowns who have lost their hats in the room. Can you help them find the hats?”
- Have children hunt for the hats. As they find each one, they bring it to the teacher who says, “I have one hat for one clown; find me another.”
- When the children bring the second hat, the teacher says, “I have two hats for two clowns. Can you find me another?”
- Continue until all the hats are found and then count them out loud.
- Can use actual hats instead of pictures. These can be all different kinds of hats.