What to do:
- Mount each picture on a piece of tag board.
- Print part of the story on the back of each picture.
- Number the tag board cards consecutively.
- Cover the cards with clear contact paper or laminate.
- Place the numbered cards in order.
- Read the children the part of the story printed on the back of each card while showing them the picture. After the children are familiar with the story, ask the children to sequence the pictures. Encourage them to retell the story or make up one of their own to fit the pictures. Remove a card and ask children which part of the story is missing.