What to do:
- Stack cards face down or put in envelopes. Put loops of masking tape nearby so that you can stick cards on the wall as they are drawn.
- Have a child draw card from Set 1 and put on wall. Have children read card out loud.
- Have another child draw one card from Set 2. Put on wall to right of first card. Read out loud.
- Have third child draw card from Set 3 and put on wall. Have children read the sentence they have just made. Chances are it will be silly.
- Repeat procedure, having a child draw a second card from Set 2 and Set 3. Place these on the wall in the appropriate order and have children read their new sentence out loud.
- Repeat procedure with last card from each set, place on the wall in the appropriate order and read out loud.
Continued next page…
- Ask the children how they could rearrange the cards so that the sentences would make sense. Move cards according to the children’s directions. Have children read their new sentences out loud and congratulate them on making sensible sentences from silly sentences.