Silly Old Hat Game
What to do:
- Gather a bag of old hats such as discarded paper party hats. Pass the hats out to the children or let the children choose one.
- Encourage the children to choose a place to put the hat. “Where’s the hat?
Where’s the hat? (child’s name), tell me where the hat is at.” (This can be chanted) “Under the chair, under the chair – that is where the hat is at.)
- Say, “We’re ready when our hat is on our head. We’re going to put our hats in some funny places and do some funny things.”
- Put your hat between your knees.
- Put your hat under your arm.
- Put your hat over your shoes.
- Put your hat under your chin.
- Touch the top of your hat.
- Sit on your hat.
- Stand on your hat.