Sammy the Sock
What to do:
A sock puppet and several pieces of posterboard can be
transformed into your child’s very own puppet book.
- Divide the poster board into four pieces and cut to make four pages.
- Draw the circles in the same place on each page and cut out the holes.
- Write the captions on the pages and draw the pictures.
- Punch holes along the edge and bind with string, yarn or rings.
- Look at the sample on the next page for ideas, but try writing your own story and drawing your own pictures. Put the sock on, and read the story to children. Sammy the Sock will have fun poking his head through the hole in the pages.
- Older children can write the story and draw the pictures.