Roll A Line Design
What to do:
- Cut a paper to fit into a lid from a box.
- Have children fit paper into lid, dip items that roll into paint, and place them in box lid.
- Encourage children to carefully tip and tilt the lid to get the items to roll in different directions. Dip them in more paint if necessary. Children will get a linear design.
- Substitute heart-shaped box lids, round cake pans, or pie tins for rectangular box lids. Round containers result in interesting contrasts to linear designs produced by box lids.
- Use light, pastel paints on black paper.