What to do:
- Put on smocks or aprons.
- Have children help you make one or two batches of instant pudding. Make enough for each child to have about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of pudding.
- When pudding is ready put 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup on table for each child.
- Let children play with pudding as you would do with finger painting.
- Of course they’ll eat it – that’s half the fun!
- Other materials to use include: oatmeal, yogurt, and cornmeal.
- You can have them “paint” on paper, but toddlers are interested in the process not the product so “save a tree” and just do it on the table.
- Toddlers will enjoy helping you clean up, too. Give them sponges and have fun!