What to do:
- Provide children with such things as cups, spoons, plastic bowls, empty margarine containers, and a wire whisk.
- Put these items in a basin with water. You may want to place a plastic drop cloth underneath.
- Children can then “cook” a meal, imitating actions of pouring and stirring.
- Give them words for their actions.
- This also is a great outdoor activity on a warm day.
Young children can drown even in a
small amount of water, so young
children must be supervised around
water at all times. An adult needs to
be no more than an arm’s length