What to do:
- Glue each picture to the upper half of a piece of tag board.
- On the lower half of each card, print the name of the object in the picture.
- Cover each card with clear contact paper or laminate.
- Cut the word and picture on each card apart in a variety of patterns to ensure that the two halves can be easily matched.
- These cards can be used by individual children or in small groups. The object is for the children to find the picture and word that match. Depending on their abilities, some children may be able to read the words out loud to you or to the other children.