On, Under, Front, Back
What to do:
- Tell children that they are going to play a game and that they need to listen carefully with their ears, and do what you say.
- Give each child a large building block.
- Have children place blocks on top of, under, next to, inside, behind, or in front of tables and chairs in the room.
- Give directions, such as, “I want Jan to put her block inside a box.” “Alexander should put his block under a table.” Continue until all the children have had a turn.
- Encourage the children to think of other places to hide and find their blocks.