What to do:
A plain brown sandwich bag can become a treasure chest for children’s nature
- Let children decorate their nature bags with colored markers, crayons, or stickers.
- Go on a nature walk around the yard, school, or park.
- Collect leaves, rocks, feathers, etc.
What you do with the contents of the bag will depend on children’s age.
- One-year-olds will enjoy talking about what they put in their bags.
- Two-year-olds will enjoy gluing the contents of their nature bags on a piece of cardboard to make a collage.
- Three-year-olds will enjoy looking at their leaves, feathers and rocks through a magnifying glass.