Musical Rhythm Shakers
What to do:
Make musical rhythm shakers using empty cardboard toilet paper, paper towel
or wrapping paper tubes.
- Cut 6- or 8-inch squares of construction or other type of heavy paper.
- Have children securely cover one end of a length of tube by gluing heavy paper around the opening.
- Have children add a tablespoon or so of some small items (beans, sand, etc.) in the tube before covering the second end of the tube.
- Make sure to glue the second end securely so items inside the tube do not spill out when children shake the tube.
- Younger children may need help gluing the paper over the ends.
- Let children decorate their rhythm shakers.