Milk Carton Puppet
What to do:
An empty clean milk carton can be transformed into a colorful puppet or mobile
for young children.
- Collect several milk cartons.
- Rinse and dry them completely. Cut the bottom off.
- Coat the carton with rubber cement, and allow to dry.
- Apply rubber cement to the back of the paper, and allow to dry.
- Wrap the paper around the carton, and press firmly. Colorful wrapping paper or construction paper will hide the label.
- Finish the end of the carton as if you were wrapping a package. Hold the end in place with clear tape. Apply rubber cement to the open end of the carton. Cut two pieces of paper to make the face. Apply rubber cement to the back of the paper, and press firmly to the open end of the carton.
- Decorate the rest of the carton according to the animal or object that you are making.
- Children can place their fist inside the back to use the puppet.