Iridescent Soap Bubbles
What to do:
- Put pans of soap bubble mixture outside.
- Add a different color (1 drop of food coloring is enough) to each pan.
- Children may blow bubbles and try to catch them.
- Talk about the color of the bubbles, what ”transparent” means (you can see through them), and how the breeze affects bubbles. Ask children if the breeze blows leaves, blocks, and balls the same way? Why not?
- Young children will need to learn how to blow. They usually want to suck in rather than blow out. For children under three, the adult can blow the bubbles and the children can play in them.