How Many Animals Can Get Inside?
What to do:
- Read the book “The Mitten” to the children. In the story, several animals crowd inside a child’s mitten until it finally bursts.
- Draw a large picture of a mitten.
- Place picture on floor.
- See how many children you can get on the mitten picture.
- Make the picture smaller for older children and see how many creative ways they can think of to get the most children on the mitten.
- Try other pictures, such as a boat, a cloud, the head of a straight pin, etc.