Glue Lace Designs
What to do:
- Children make a design (not too large) using a bottle of liquid white glue on wax paper. Have them make thick masses, shapes, or forms of glue.
- Let glue dry until hard and clear.
- Decorate designs with fine-line permanent markers.
- Dried and decorated shapes can be peeled off with care and laced with thread or fish line. Designs may be worn as jewelry, used as sun catchers in windows, hung overhead as mobiles, or used as package or tree decorations.
- Small amounts of food coloring may be mixed with glue to add color before design is made.
- Sequins or glitter may be carefully incorporated into design or added with a touch of glue after design dries.