What to do:
- Find an old glove and some fabric scraps with different textures that you can turn into a fun toy for infants.
- Attach small pieces of fabric to the fingers of a glove by sewing or using a non-toxic glue.
- Put the glove on and let babies feel the different textures.
- Talk about how the textures feel.
- When children get older, let them put the glove on their hands and feel the fingers.
- Be careful that children do not chew off the fabric. Like all homemade toys, this one is designed to be used with an adult.
- Put the glove in a safe place when children are no longer interested in playing.