Eyes, Nose, Hands & Toes
What to do:
- When changing diapers or just sitting before pick-up time at the end of the day, take time to name body parts for children. For example, say “Here’s my nose…here’s your nose,” while pointing to each person’s nose.
- As children get older, ask them to point to body parts.
- Add more names of parts as children are able to say them – ankle, heel, elbow, shoulder, thigh, knee, etc.
- Children love learning new words and saying them over and over.
- Play this game with a large group or when you have quiet time with each child that you care for. It doesn’t have to be planned or structured time and takes no longer than a couple of minutes.