Drop In The Bucket & Pour it Out
What to do:
- Cut one or more holes in lid. The number of holes and size and shape of depends on age of the child. (For example, for young infant – 1 large, round hole or no lid at first, and for an older toddler – 2 or 3 smaller holes of various shapes and smaller sizes.)
- Put lid on container and give child items to put in “bucket.”
- Take lid off and pour out objects when child is done. Older toddlers can do this themselves.
- Start with no lid and make game progressively more challenging as child is able and interested.
- Be creative. Children don’t care what the toy looks like. Cut-up paper tubes will work as objects to drop in the bucket – and they’re free!