What to do:
- Make the “Extra Strong Bubbles” recipe:
- Mix together 3 to 4 tablespoons soap flakes or soap powder (Fels or Ivory) and 4 cups hot water.
- Let stand for several days.
- Stir in a large spoonful of sugar.
2. Make blowers from wire bent into different shapes. Make sure sharp edges are covered with tape.
3. Go outside on a very cold day (32° or less) when there is no wind.
4. Dip a blower into the bubble mix and gently blow a large bubble. Try not to let the bubble blow away.
5. The bubble should begin to freeze with tiny crystals forming over the surface.
6. The bubble will freeze completely into a crystal ice ball.
- Use a slotted spoon for a bubble blower. Experiment with other items for blowing bubbles.