Cooperation Soup/Cooperation Salad
Meal and snack preparation can be a good time to encourage cooperation skills.
- Let everybody help wash the fruits and vegetables.
- Children can peel things like bananas and use a dull plastic knife to slice soft fruits.
- Children can tear lettuce and spinach.
- Let them stir the soup or salad.
- Everybody gets to eat.
- Soup Suggestions: carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, peas
- Fruit Salad Suggestions: apples, bananas, oranges, melon
- Vegetable Salad Suggestions: lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, celery
- To be safe, an adult needs to peel and slice other fruits and vegetables.