Clay Farm Zoo
What to do:
- After talking about farm or zoo animals or after a field trip to a farm or the zoo, have children make a clay farm or zoo.
- Talk about the kinds of animals that are found on a farm.
- Have children make any animal they choose for their farm.
- You might ask questions, such as, “How many legs does your cow have? Does your cow have a tail?” Don’t be surprised if children come up with rather imaginative animals of many colors that might be hard for the farmer to identify.
- Children can make a farm or zoo with Popsicle stick fences, barns made from small boxes, and other simple materials. This is a good activity for older children.