Bowling for Clowns
What to do:
- Place the “Clowns” in rows to resemble a bowling lane.
- Have child count the clowns, then roll the ball to knock down clowns. Have child count the remaining clowns. Ask,
- “How many clowns have fallen? How many clowns are left standing?”
3. Each child should be given an opportunity to roll the ball and see how many clowns are still standing.
4. For younger children (3 to 5 years old), place only five clowns, allowing the child success in counting to five.
5. For older children, have children count the number of clowns still standing and the number that have fallen down. Children can add the numbers together to get 10. Or, they can subtract the number that are still standing to get the number that have fallen down.