Animal Track Blocks
What to do:
- Sand the rough edges of the wooden cubes.
- Draw outlines of the tracks of the animals you have pictures of and cut them out of linoleum squares with a mat knife.
- Glue the tracks onto blocks of wood.
- Glue the animal picture to the cube on the opposite side from the animal tracks.
- The children can use the animal tracks for block printing on sheets of paper or on a large mural.
- An extension of this activity is to go outdoors after a snowfall and look for real animal tracks. This activity can also be used effectively with cookie sheets covered with sand, dirt or snow. The children press the track block onto the various surfaces and observe the different impressions.