What to do:
- Cut the tag board or poster board into five 8– by 11-inch sheets.
- On each sheet, glue a picture of a common animal that the children will know the sounds of (e.g. cats meow, dogs bark, cows moo, ducks quack, etc.).
- Assign a group of children to be that animal sound.
- Sing the attached song and when it is time for the animal sound, hold up the sign. Those children assigned to make that sound should then make the sound.
- A similar approach can be used when telling a story or reading a book about animals. This type of activity can sometimes be hard for younger children, so they may need your help. And don’t expect perfection – it’s the enjoyment that counts.