Animal Face Puzzles
What to do:
- Press a paper plate flat.
- Make animal faces with a marker.
- Cut the plates into three to five pieces, depending on the ages of the children.
- Put the pieces in a paper bag. Let each child have a bag.
- Encourage the children to try to put the puzzle together. Ask what the animal is called. Ask the children about the eyes, nose, mouth, ears, etc., of the animal.
- Use simple animals for younger children, such as dogs and cats.
- Use less well-known animals for older children. You may have all farm animals one day, all zoo animals another day, all birds a third day, etc.